Saturday, February 19, 2011

Prosperity Ritual to Lakshmi

Well I didn't make it to the Open Circle meetup as I wanted to. Partially because I'm still too shy to venture into a spiritual place or setting with strangers, and partially because I didn't RSVP and the circle was filled.

So I decided to hold my own Prosperity Ritual to honor Lakshmi on the night of the Full Moon. Full Moon rituals are typically about taking things away, but as Friday is a sacred day for Lakshmi and the moon was not quite full, I thought it was a good time to do this.


I couldn't find any statues of Lakshmi on such short notice, so I printed out this picture and added it to this beautiful frame that was made in India.

Lakshmi is the Hindu Goddess of Abundance and Prosperity, and I honored her by thanking her for all the wonderful things she has brought into my life. I also asked to be showered with her gifts of love and abundance in the future, and spent some time meditating on what I hoped to manifest in the upcoming months as far as abundance and prosperity.


My mini Lakshmi altar all lit up! It defintely was a nice ritual, and I felt more comfortable doing this in my own home. The group I'm interested in has some upcoming events that I might join soon. I know it's time to venture out and meet others who are like minded as far as spirituality is concerned.

2 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful image and I love the frame!

    Wishing you a wonderful day,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete